Every member of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is given a UAN, or Universal Account Number, which serves as a unique identifying number. The Ministry of Labor and Employment issues it. Throughout the employment, a member is only permitt to have one UAN connect to all of their EPF accounts. The UAN activation is mandatory if you want to get the benefits of being a member of EPF.
How To Generate UAN Number?
If a firm has 20 or more employees, the employer must issue the UAN to the employee when they join the company for the first time. If the employee has a UAN allocate to him in the former company, he must inform the new employer about it. The documents you need to generate the UAN number are provide below:
Which Documents Are Require For UAN Activation?
- Information about your bank account, including the branch name, account number, and IFSC code.
- Your PAN card which has to be link to your UAN.
- Identification Proof- Aadhar Card
- Additional ID or residency proof may be require.
How To Do UAN Activation Through The UAN Portal?
You must register for or activate your UAN before using the EPFO website to access the online EPF service. You cannot use any of EPFO’s online services without registration. The following procedure needs to be follow to activate or register a UAN:
- Go to the EPFO Member Portal and choose “Activate UAN.”
- Click “Get Authorization PIN” after entering your UAN/member ID, Aadhar card details, name, DOB, cell phone number, and captcha code.
- The contact number register with EPFO will receive a PIN.
- After entering this PIN, click on “Validate OTP and Activate UAN”.
- The passcode will be sent to your register cellphone number along with the activation of your UAN. UAN login can be done using this passcode.
How To Link Aadhaar With The UAN Number?
After your UAN login has been successfully activate, you must put your information in the UAN. To connect your UAN with your Aadhaar, follow the given instructions:
- Visit the EPFO membership web page, log into your EPF account, and click on the KYC option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and your name to save the details.
- Your request status will be list as “KYC Pending for Approval.”
- Your current employer’s name will appear under “Approve by Establishment” once UIDAI has verify your information, and “Verify by UIDAI” will appear next to your Aadhaar.
Why Is UAN Important?
All of a member’s PF accounts are present under UAN. The advent of UAN has made it easier to trace an employee’s EPF accounts. With UAN, the member may quickly and conveniently transfer his PF from his previous accounts to the current one online. With the UAN login, a member can use all the services under EPFO with just a few clicks.
Benefits of UAN Login
- Before the introduction of UAN, PF withdrawal rely on employers since the application had to be sign by the prior employer before being forward to EPFO. With the UAN, this reliance was reduce.
- Another benefit is the security while making transactions via EPF. You can check your account balance and receive updates via text message.
- Before the UAN, Employee Pension Scheme withdrawals were require, which reduce the pension payout. But with UAN, the amounts of both the Employers Provident Fund and the Employee Pension Scheme accounts are immediately move to the new account, boosting the retirement amount.
All workers must have a UAN, which supports their management of the EPF account. You can keep your PF funds secure and access them easily with the UAN number