Braids are some of the most beautiful hairstyles that a person can wear. They are often used by celebrities and are quite popular among the younger generation. A lot of people want to wear braids, but only a few can manage to wear them well since it takes a lot of skill to create stunning braids. This blog will look at how you can use a simple spiral curl to make your braid look outstanding.
If you are looking for a hairstyle that is easy, quick, and looks good, then you should try this hairstyle. It is best suited for normal hair and can be done on wet or dry hair. Here is a guide on how to make spiral curls using braids. Read on for the steps.
The basics of how to make spiral curls with braids
Making spiral curls is a great way to create a fun and pretty look. You can do this with or without sew in weave extensions, a great way to add a little flair to your hairstyle. This can do with a simple or more complicated French braid. You can even add it to twist-outs or Bantu knots.
Braids are a common hairstyle among many ethnicities, especially African American women. It’s probably no surprise that the right braid can help you create beautiful spiral curls. Spiral curls are often a favorite among black women because they are easier to achieve than other curls.
How to create spiral curls with braids and regular braids
There are many different ways to make spiral curls with braids. The most popular way is to create spiral curls with French braids. However, this technique can also be used with other types of braids like lemonade braids.
- Prep your hair by shampooing it and conditioning it. Towel dry your hair, then use a small amount of product to help keep your hair from drying out.
- Begin by separating your hair into four sections. French braids are typically done two at a time. Leave about one-half inch of hair out of each braid to create the curls. Take the right section and divide it into three parts.
- Create a French braid, incorporating the hair from the top of the right section, the left section, and the middle section. The hair at the bottom of the right section should use to complete the French braid as you move down towards your head. Do the same thing with the other three sections.
- Once you have finished the braids, use a hair dryer to dry your hair. Get the hair dryer about six inches away from your hair to prevent damage. Once completely dry, pull apart the braids to reveal the curls. Spritz your hair with a bit of hairspray if you want to keep the curls intact.
How to make spiral curls with braids for long hair
You can make spiral curls with braids for long hair. This hairstyle is suitable for both long and short hair, but for long hair, it looks better. You should know how to do the braids first.
You will need to make three braids – two on the side and one on the top. After braiding, use hair curlers, and wash your hair. It should look something like this. Then tease it a bit and spray it with hair spray.
How to make spiral curls with braids for short hair
1. Gather a small section of hair from each side of your head just above the ear.
2. Take each section and split it into two pieces.
3. Take the pieces and braid each one, leaving a small amount of hair at the end to form the curl.
4. Secure each braid with an elastic.
5. Tie the end of the hair in a ponytail holder or elastic.
6. Pull both braids so that the ponytail holder or elastic comes off.
7. Your ringlets should start to form. Repeat these steps on the other side of your head. 8. Style your hair with a little bit of hair spray, and you’re done!
Curls are the most desired hairstyle for most women, but getting them isn’t always as easy as it seems. The thing about getting spiral curls with a braid is that you have to ensure your hair is long enough to complete the hairstyle. You can use spiral curls with regular braids or a French braid or curly hair extensions, but the length of your hair will determine how long your hairstyle will stay.